Washington, DC - MMTC invites you to attend our inaugural Access to Opportunity Conference on Thursday, October 31st, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Hogan Lovells Conference Center, 555 13th Street NW, Washington DC.
Our theme, "Access to Opportunity," reflects MMTC's pivotal role as a convenor and a connector that educates and trains diverse communities on law, policy, and access to capital, jobs, and other opportunities available to them in an increasingly digital economy.
At this conference, experts from government, industry, and NGOs discuss the top policy issues before the FCC, FTC, congress, and the courts on issues such as net neutrality, privacy, legacy media and over-the-top, diverse content creation, big data and antitrust, the future of work and Registered Apprenticeship, algorithmic bias, and other major media, telecom, and tech policy issues as they relate to communities and other underrepresented groups.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
Additional invited speakers include members of Congress, the Congressional Black, Hispanic, and Asian Caucuses and their staffs, and a host of luminaries, industry experts, thought leaders, and entrepreneurs.
- Hon. Brendan Carr, FCC Commissioner
- Hon. Geoffrey Starks, FCC Commissioner
- Hon. Noah Phillips, FTC Commissioner
- Hon. Richard Wiley, Former FCC Chairman
- Hon. Mignon Clyburn, Former Acting FCC Chairwoman
- Hon. Maureen Ohlhausen, Former Acting Chairwoman, FTC; Partner, Baker Botts LLP
- Hon. Yvette Clarke (D-NY), Vice Chair, Energy and Commerce Committee, and Chair, Multicultural Media Caucus
- Ronald Johnson, MMTC Board Chair and Treasurer
- Maurita Coley, Esq., MMTC President and CEO
- Marcos Torres, Managing Director and Head of U.S. Communications, Media and Entertainment
- Augusto Valdez, Co-Owner, Kids Central
- Rosa Mendoza, Founder and CEO, ALLvanza
- Amy Hinojosa, President, MANA - A Latina Organization
- Chris Wood, President and Co-Founder, LGBT Tech
- Cameron Kerry, Ann R. and Andrew H. Tisch Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Governance Studies, The Brookings Institution
- Dr. Nicol Turner Lee, Fellow, Center for Technology Innovation, The Brookings Institution
- David Hinson, President and CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.
- Sharie Brown, Partner, Troutman Sanders
- Satori Shakoor, Creator, Curator, Producer, and Host, Secret Society of Twisted Storytellers
- George Simmons, President and CEO, BingeNow Inc.
- Kelvin Boston, Executive Producer and Host, Moneywise with Kelvin Boston